4.09.2010

Wat Rong Khun: Temple of Heaven and Earth

I came across some photos on the web of this unique temple in Chiang Rai, Thailand. I haven't been to Thailand since I was a child, but when I do eventually head back there, I'll make a point to travel up to Chiang Rai to visit the temple and see for myself. From the photos, it looks like a very intriguing place.  The temple is mostly white, none of that over blown gold stuff. Another point of difference is that the overall intricate architechture is the focal point instead of giant Bhudda statues.  I'd be doubly excited to visit if I was a worshiping Bhuddist.



Read up more about Wat Rong Khun on Wikipedia. If too lazy to Flikr/Google it you can scope out some more photos from tourism sites and people's travel blogs here: [1] , [2] , [3].

No comments:

Post a Comment